Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Gratitude

We wake each day automatically using our sight, our hearing, every part and function of our body with out the thought that at any minute even just a small and what may seem as an insignificant part of our anatomy can stop functioning.

That every bat of our eyelid is a blessing from Allah SWT. That every movement of our eye is a blessing and every other ability that we have we owe to our creator.

We may know this but we are never really conscious thereof until a part of this anatomy of ours no longer functions, until something that to us is so insignificant takes on significance.

On this journey, I have become acutely conscious:

Every time my eyelid closes because I make dua that the next day it may open again. Every time that I look to the right so that I may look to the left again. Every time that I lay down, that I may get up and walk again. Every time that I have pain that I may be pain free again. Every time that I feel challenged that I may feel courage again.

And every time that I take things for granted that I may feel gratitude again.

Let us appreciate every movement in the knowledge that this is only made possible by our Creator!

No comments: